Web Hosting Services: Best Host Companies To Create Your Website
We research and compare the best web hosting solutions
Top Rated Web Hosting Providers
Choosing the right web hosting services depends on many factors such as website size, traffic, the type of website, etc. SiteGround, Bluehost, and 1&1 Ionos are excellent for my small to medium-sized websites. But I have found that BigScoots and Cloudways are better for high-traffic websites and sites that require processing huge amounts of data simultaneously.
Here are a few elements you can consider when choosing a web hosting company:
Why Having A Website Is Important
Having a good website is extremely important for businesses. It helps to promote your business by creating brand awareness and favor credibility. Most people research online before making a purchase. This is an opportunity to place your products in front of them and therefore to increase sales. Keep in mind that your website will be live 24/7, which means your customer may buy even while you sleep.
To have the best website for your business, you basically need web hosting (purchase a domain name) and the right website builder or a content management system like Squarespace and WordPress. Most CMS platforms and website builders offer a free plan and eCommerce functionality. However, to own the website that hosts your business, it is essential to buy a custom domain name.
Web hosting is not expensive, and you only need a few dollars to keep a website live. For example, a website is required for affiliate marketers, to open an online store and often to sell products online. Not only do websites extend eCommerce opportunities, but also many people use them for personal use.
9 Best Web Hosting Services in 2021 - Our Honest Reviews
Online presence is important in today’s life either it is an individual or a business. You can’t rely just on your social media profile to be socially active. So, it is best to have your website where people come and know everything they want. A website can be of different types like Blog, Business site, or else.
It is built using a Domain name (Web Address) and a Hosting service (Database and Background Services). In this post, we will be going to reduce your time to search for the best web hosting provider that can match up to your needs.
There are many factors to consider and counts as key points to fulfill the criteria of the best hosting provider. One among them is the site and page loading speed. It has been found that a single second of lag in the website speed can negatively affect the conversion rate by 7%.
In case this delay reaches 3 seconds then it can affect 50% of the website traffic. So this will affect both the SEO rankings as well as the user experience of your site. So speed is an important criterion if you want to get the most from your website!
Another vital factor that can impact your decision on which service to be selected is the Budget. So, before selecting a particular service based on the initial offer you could also consider the renewal rates. You should also know if there are any restrictions, especially on the cheapest shared hosting plans.
Let us have a look at the Top recommended Hosting Services as of 2021;
The service is known for offering value for money Web hosting services. It is recommended by WordPress.org since 2005. Millions of websites from different parts of the world are currently using the hosting on this platform.
Users like the reliability and affordability of its service mainly their top-notch shared hosting. You can find multiple tiers of hosting plans for different kind of customers that comes with 30-days money-back guarantee.
You can install a WordPress site with a single click. Overall, till now Bluehost is rated to offer decent performance in almost all areas of testing. Here are its main aspects to consider;
If we focus on the notable features of Bluehost then it offers lots of services. It includes Website Builder, Domain Registration, Custom cPanel, and Domain privacy services. Following are some more;
– Domain-specific email addresses.
– Unlimited bandwidth, Data transfer, and Ample Storage Space.
– Easy migration of a website to Bluehost.
– Best to build WordPress websites and offers flexibility to design them.
– Automated security updates, and Backup data protection.
– Social media marketing and Graphic design services.
– Local business listings.
– Help for Email and Content creation.
– VPS, Dedicates, and Shared hosting options.
– Insightful analytics and Automated Marketing tools.
Besides, there are many helpful plugins & add-ons and lots of Free and Premium themes for websites. You can easily track the user comments, visitor analytics, and other activities using the dashboard.
Bluehost provides a convenient platform to easily set up a website for Beginners. Additionally, for any kind of help one can take the help of their professional design team. The service is also preferred for its;
– Support Faster Page load times recently detected 688 ms.
– Fast site loading time due to Cloudflare integration.
– Server uptime guarantee of about 99.98%.
– Google My Business profile for Free.
– You will get a Domain Name for free for one year.
– All-time client support via phone calls or live chat in case of any issue, also there is a provision of email support tickets.
– In-built SEO tools.
– Built and optimize the Google Ad campaigns using automated machine learning.
– How-to guide books to clear the doubts.
– Website protection via malware detection and free SSL.
Bluehost plans start from about $4 per month
Websites or Blogs related to the online store, and Small Businesses.
It is a well-known community-driven website building software in the world recommended by WordPress.org. There are options of Cloud, Woo-commerce, WordPress, and Web hosting; & even dedicated servers. Their Servers are well optimized for speeds.
Every package includes a great set of features. The best part of their service is that they are having their data centers on 4 continents. Other than Site builder their experts are always ready to support their clients to launch a site and also to transfer any website if required.
SiteGround offers great WordPress website management plans with many resources and automatic upgrades. Here are some more facilities of their service;
– Free automated WordPress migration.
– Premium features and PHP7 implementation.
– Supercacher to boost loading speed by 40%.
– Unlimited bandwidth and Free Email.
– GIT version control.
– One-click staging and cPanel access.
– Daily backup with in-built WP caching.
– Easy and Fast installation of CMSs (like Joomla and WordPress) and Apps.
– Provision of static caching, dynamic caching, and memcached in the website.
– Schedule or auto-pilot automatic WordPress updates.
As a client, you can choose from their server locations and get benefits from many useful services for free. Let us see more;
– Optimized Woo hosting.
– 99.99% Server uptime.
– 716 ms load speed.
– Free CDN (Content Delivery Network).
– Constant monitoring and prevention from security threats.
– High-level redundancy and optimal speed due to distributed storage using SSD disks.
– All-time Impressive customer support via live chat and phone calls.
– Operated by Google Cloud to build a technically superior and powerful hosting service.
– Security by Encrypted SSL integration and proprietary AI software to avoid 5 million brute-force attacks daily.
– 30 days Money back assurance.
Packages starting from $7
Small to large sites, or Business websites.
It is also well-known to provide highly reliable and managed cloud hosting services. They offer good expert support to build and manage web apps. It just takes few minutes to set up a website. You can manage Packages, Apps, and Server Settings directly from the UI.
They are having pre-installed WP-CLI and HTTP/2 compatible servers with the option to option to customize and configure a Server. The brand is also known to offer unlimited applications with multiple PHP versions and Databases.
Today Cloudways is providing PHP 7.3 ready servers and IP Whitelisting facilities. They are also providing Account Management Dashboard and Dedicated Environment to their users.
There are many features of Cloudways hosting service to consider. It includes Enhanced SLAs, Cron Job Manager, useful cPanel, server transfer facility, and Backup and Restores in one click.
Their experts are available to support their clients via Online Ticketing and Phone Access. The other list of features is Regular OS, Patch Management, Redis Support, and Pre-configured PHP-FPM.
You should also know about the fact that Cloudways provides In-built CDN, WordPress, and Magneto Cache. Also, Proactive Application Monitoring, and SSD-based & Auto-Healing Servers. Here are some more highlighted ones;
– Dedicated Firewalls and Private Slack Channel.
– Troubleshooting of Application-level Issues.
– Close Partnership and Free Migration of site.
– Free SSL installation with a single click.
– Optimized Stack including Advanced Cache.
– SFTP and SSH access.
– GIT Integration, and Automatic Managed Backups.
– Supervisord Queue Manager.
– SMTP and Rackspace Email Add-on, Staging Area, and URLs.
– Custom/Advanced Varnish Settings, and Change Application Webroot.
You can also get their Cloning of server and application, Easy vertical scaling, and New Relic Integration amenities. Always Real-time monitoring with managed security, Support, and DNS Made Easy Add-ons that can’t be overlooked.
The list of advantages that you will get from Cloudways hosting is a big one. It includes their 60+ Data Centers all over the Globe and 5 Cloud providers. They offer more than 15 metrics for App and Server monitoring. Below are some more;
– 24×7 support with Fast Ticket Response Times.
– 99.99% server uptime.
– Scalable plans and Quick load times.
– Seamless management of DNS and In-built MySQL manager.
– Advanced Server Management and Cloning in a single click.
– Supports all PHP Apps and Protection from Malicious Bots.
-Two-Factor Authentication to avoid Intruding.
– Smart Assistant and Scalable Storage.
– One account and multiple teams for a project.
– Options to choose from world–class IaaS providers.
Pricing starts from $10 per month
E-commerce sites, and growing business sites
More than one million websites worldwide are using the hosting service of WP Engine. It offers a well-managed hosting platform for WordPress websites. So users do not need to deal with server-level tasks since all that can be managed by the hosting company.
WP Engine offers budget-friendly options to get access to staging websites for the development process. It is a well-known service offering tailor-made hosting plans for WordPress sites.
There is a provision of Multi-environment setup including production, staging, as well as the development of a website. You can easily transfer your website from one platform to another using their service.
As a benefit of using WP Engine, you will get a Tool to analyze and improve the page performance. Following are some more benefits;
– Continuous Website Monitoring and Automatic WordPress Core updates.
– Flywheel tool to develop WordPress locally and SSH gateway.
– PHP 7.4 support and Inbuilt Evercache.
– Everyday backups and Automatic Updates.
– Support to Large Files System and MaxCDN as Global CDN.
– Upgrades management and Optimized WordPress Plugins.
– Manual and Automatic backup features with a 1-click restore function.
– Free functional site migration and Git version control.
– Automated SSL certificates, WordPress REST, and inbuilt APIs.
– GeoTarget to add geographically customized content.
– Security solutions to block everyday attacks
– In-built design and development tools to build websites faster.
– 24/7 client support.
– WordPress Multisite.
– Create a WordPress as a new instance, from a site template, copying another environment or move the existing environment.
Its plan starts from $25 per month. So you need to be prepared with a good amount of budget to use its services.
Small business sites to large enterprise needs
It is a recommended cloud-based host for WordPress sites. Kinsta is well known for its Secure, Agency, WooCoomerce, Multisite, and Enterprise hosting services. Their service offers Everyday Automatic Backups and Free Migration of a website.
If you are expecting less downtime, and less management of your website from a hosting service then Kinsta could be the one. They are having their servers located in 21 different regions of the world for the convenience of their service subscribers.
– DevKinsta and Nginx.
– Well Managed Service.
– Cloudflare integration.
– Fort Knox based Security and Free SSL.
– APM Tool and PHP 7.3.
– Google Cloud Platform.
– MariaDB and LXD Containers.
– MyKinsta Dashboard to control all the activities.
– Staging Environments and Server-Side Caching.
– Multi-user access as administrators or developers of websites.
The best part about using the service of Kinsta is that their Term contracts are not fixed. They are having Worldwide Datacenters! You can get an idea about Bandwidth usage.
They are also recognized for offering excellent speed performance in their hosting service. The packages are easy to downgrade or upgrade. Following are some more plus points of availing the facilities of Kinsta;
– Track visitor stats and Self-help options.
– Average page load time is about 1.60 seconds.
– Provision of SSL certificates.
– Knowledge base and Analytics.
– Offers high capacity to control many website visitors at once.
– 99% of uptime reliability rate.
– Free removal of malware from WordPress.
– Hassle-free maintenance of a website.
– One-Month Money back guarantee.
– 24×7 tech support through live chat.
The plan starts from $30 a month. There is a possibility of 2 months of free access if paid on yearly basis, the convenience of instant prorated refunds.
Small to Large Businesses –
Today the brand Flywheel is known to offer Add-ons and hosting services for High traffic and Woo Commerce sites. They are also a preferred option for Growth Suite and managed WordPress hosting.
They offer Packaged Plugins and Themes with Hacker-free security for the website. You can also make the best use of their Local Development Environment and Easy to use a dashboard to control everything.
– PHP 7.4 Ready and Fastly CDN.
– Growth Suite and Revenue Dashboard.
– All-in-one SFTP and Auto-Healing Technology.
– Multisite tools for agencies and developers.
– Service creation, Client portal, and management.
– Genesis Framework, FlyCache, and Blueprints.
– Staging for all sites and Connect to Stripe.
– Billing Transfer, and Client subscription & billing.
– Free, Simple, and 3rd party SSL certificates.
– SSH Gateway and All-in-One SFTP.
– Nightly backups.
– Collaborate with co-workers and manage many sites.
– Free Migrations with Dashboard.
– Free Demo Website and Site Cloning.
– Updated Google Cloud platform.
– Powerful development tools.
– 24×7 Chat and Phone Support.
– Managed Plugin Updates and Performance Insights.
– Free Email Course of 14 days on Web Design Trends.
– 99.99% uptime.
The package starts from $13 per month when paid annually with two months of free access.
Freelancers, Agencies, Marketing Teams, High-traffic and E-commerce sites.
If you are looking for a Reliable hosting service for WordPress and ASP.NET websites then Ionos could be of your choice. They are also providing both Professional VPS and Dedicated Hosting services.
There are provisions of IONOS Cloud, PHP 8.0 including JIT, Local Business Listing, and Datacenter designer services. You can also use their Bulk domain search, Domain Guard, and Transfer services.
They are offering Free Domain Name and Cheap Websites as well. You can get support regarding WordPress installation and SEO Tool. Many people are happy to get their Online Store Builder, Website Builder, and Design Services.
The list of features of Ionos are Cron Job Manager, Hosted Microsoft Exchange, and HiDrive Cloud Storage. They also offer Anti-spam and Anti-Phishing filters. You can also use their Client References, Email Archiving, and Professional Mail Address services.
Their hosting service also has WordPress Pro, Digitalization for SMEs, Cloud Apps, Backup, and Solutions. Also, GIT, SSH, Rent-A-Server, MyBackup, Disaster Recovery, and Green WordPress services are helpful. Here are some more highlighted features of Ionos hosting services;
– SQL Server, free website, E-mail, SFTP, and Cheap web hosting.
– Well-Managed Dedicated and Cloud Servers.
– SSL Certificates, Email, and Databases.
– Google Ads Management Service.
– .io domain and Private domain registration.
– Free VPS, SSL, .htaccess, WP-CLI, and WebspaceExplorer.
– Cloudflare Railgun Content Delivery Network.
– SSD Storage, Enhanced Memory, and CPU.
– Agency Cloud Server and Game Server Hosting.
– Google Workspace and Office 365/Microsoft 365.
– 24×7 client support with options of Chat, Phone, and Email.
– Simple user interface.
– 99.9% uptime.
– Website Templates.
– Traffic Monitoring.
– DDoS and Malware protection.
– Everyday backups and recovery.
– Georedundant data centers.
– 10 Data Centers located in Five Nations.
– 30 days refund guarantee.
Low Budget domain and hosting services.
People use Liquid Web hosting services to make High-performance E-commerce and WordPress websites. They have gained many positive reviews both from the critics and users. There is a provision of Cloud Dedicated Servers.
The brand offers VPN and Malware scanning & removal functions with the facility of free Nightly backups. Liquid Web hosting offerings are best for business those who are looking for a managed and highly-powered service.
– Cloud, Dedicated, No Shared, Reseller, WordPress, & VPS hosting.
– Digital Commerce Cloud and Server Clusters.
– Magento and VMware Private Cloud.
– HIPAA and PCI compliance.
– Reseller and Email Hosting.
– Security, Performance, Software, and Compliance Add-ons.
– Complex Hosting Environments with complete management.
– Database, Multi-Site Hosting, Storage, and Backups.
– Private VPS Parent and Cloud Servers.
– Facility to deploy personal VPS instances using a private cloud server.
– 99.999% uptime.
– Very fast VPS hosting and access to the root.
– High availability and performance.
– High-end and Powerful server specifications.
– Website Migration.
– Proactive Management including the Availability, Security, and Network of your Hosting.
– Simple and Scalable hosting for many apps and sites.
– Regular updating of the OS and Server.
– 2x RAM and more savings with Dedicated Server Bundles.
– 24×7 support with Chat and Phone facility.
If we consider the WordPress hosting then it starts from $12.67 per month when paid annually.
Freelancers, Business owners, Agencies, and Resellers
More than 1.5 million websites are using the hosting service of DreamHost. They are known for offering effective Website Design, Development, Management, and Marketing solutions.
The users will get a Custom Control Panel and WordPress Support from In-House Experts. DreamHost is also offering effective WP Website Builder and Domain Names facilities.
– VPS, Website, Shared, WordPress, Cloud, and Dedicated Hosting.
– 2-click Installer and Automatic Backups.
– Free SSL Certificates and Privacy Protection.
– Solid-State drives for fast performance.
– Options of both Shared and Managed WordPress hosting solutions.
– Free Domain and Email Hosting.
– Thousands of WordPress Themes and Plugins.
– WordPress-Optimized Servers.
– Automated WordPress Migrations for Free.
– Free secure hosting, auto-enabled sFTP, and Multi-Factor Authentication.
– Free WordPress Migration.
– Open Source Solutions.
– Hassle-free Control Panel to Control Everything from one place.
– Monthly Web Hosting.
– Auto WordPress Updates.
– Guarantee of 100% uptime.
– Recommended by WordPress.org.
– 100% Money-Back assured.
– Full-featured, reliable, and fast hosting service.
– 24×7 Chabot or daytime human support by US-based experts.
The WordPress Hosting pack of DreamHost starts from $2.6 per month.
New, Small, and Medium Businesses should go with its service.
Top Web Hosting – Full List
Web Hosting Service
Latest Blog Posts
Frequently Asked Questions
Web hosting is an online service that enables individuals and businesses to make their websites accessible on the internet or worldwide web. You need web hosting because it is the only way to get your website accessed by your potential customers on the internet. With web hosting, the service provider simply allocates space on their servers that your website can occupy, so whenever a user clicks on your website’s URL, they are redirected to the address on the server where your website is located.
Websites are hosted on the hosting service provider’s servers. These servers are powerful computers that run 24/7 and can
be accessed by anyone on the public internet or worldwide web. To find out the exact server where your website is hosted, visit WHOIS Directory for more details.
If you cannot remember your hosting provider’s name, you can check your mail history and find your hosting provider company email. Another way to bring out your hosting provider company name is to use the ICANN search. You can go to this link and search for your registered domain name. ICANN will bring up all the details within seconds. It provides a free service for all.
Hosting service providers have several plans, so the one you choose should largely depend on the kind of website you intend to host and the number of people you expect to visit it. If your website is still new, you can start with a shared or cloud hosting plan and then migrate to a VPS or dedicated plan if your userbase overwhelms the resources provided by the shared hosting plan.
Dedicated hosting is the hosting option where a physical server is dedicated to one website.
VPS hosting is where fixed hardware resources like RAM and CPU power on a given server are dedicated to one website.
Cloud hosting is a hosting option where a website is hosted on multiple shared servers, so it can switch between them based on demand.
Shared hosting is where multiple websites are hosted on one physical server, so they share the hardware resources of this server.
Dedicated hosting is the best when it comes to performance, followed by VPS hosting, then cloud hosting. Shared hosting comes last amongst the four, but it is often the cheaper one.
Shared hosting does not directly affect SEO if you meet all the other SEO requirements. In simple terms, the hosting plan you are using is not used as a factor to rank your website in search results. However, since websites hosted on shared hosting plans are usually slower, search engines tend to reduce their rank compared to other competing sites that are a bit faster.
Websites on shared hosting plans also tend to get a high bounce bank rate since they take longer to load, which negatively affects their SEO performance. Shared hosting is suitable for a simple website that does not require a lot of resources.
Yes! Domain privacy is essential. Domain privacy is a service offered by your hosting registrar to protect your WHOIS records from being accessed by the public. It hides your data so that no one can access them. Every registered domain name has a WHOIS catalog, which is a searchable database of registered domains.
Without domain privacy or WHOIS privacy protection, all your contact information like name, ZIP address, and phone number are available to anyone. To keep the details about your website confidential, you need to add domain privacy while registering your domain. This service costs about $10 to $40, depending on the hosting service provider you choose.
cPanel refers to a simplified Linux Graphic User Interface (GUI) that website owners can use to manage their website on the server-side. After paying for any hosting plan, your hosting service provider will give you the login details to your cPanel. Within the cPanel, you will manage your domains, manage all your website files, create email accounts, backup your site, and many more back-end activities. Without a cPanel, it would require web development skills to execute these tasks.
Most of the popular web hosting service providers have a cPanel. However, the hosting plan you choose will determine whether you are given the cPanel access or not. For instance, most hosting providers do not give cPanel access to websites hosted under the WordPress hosting plans. If you want to have access to your cPanel, you need to make sure the plan you choose has this option. You can contact your hosting service provider and inquire whether the hosting plan you want to choose will give you access to your cPanel.
A professional email address is one that contains your business name in it. For instance, if your business is called pizza corner, your professional email will be something like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. All your departments and employees can use this email instead of using generic emails like Yahoo or Gmail. To get a business email, you have to register your domain and subscribe to a hosting plan. Most hosting providers offer the business emails service for free, so you will not have to pay for it.
What website or CMS builder should I use? (Wix, Shopify, WordPress, google site, squarespace, weebly, magento …)
People use Content Management System (CMS) and Website Builder to develop their websites based on their comfort zone. Both have advantages and shortcomings. The website builder you choose should largely depend on the type of website you intend to create. Below are some of the popular website builders and the category websites they are suitable for.
· Wix: It is one of the most popular website builders, and it is suitable for creating simple and small information websites and blogs.
· Shopify: It is a website builder that is mainly meant for building eCommerce websites. It has several eCommerce websites templates that you can use to make your site. All the tools within Shopify are centered around eCommerce.
· WordPress: It is the most popular website builder now. WordPress is also open source and can be used to create any type of website.
· Google sites: It is a website building platform made by Google and is suitable for creating short-term or straightforward websites to showcase information about your business.
· Squarespace: It is another website builder and hosting platform that is good for building simple websites, eCommerce sites, and blogs.
· Weebly: It is one of those website builders with a relatively shallow learning curve. It also has a wide range of features that you can use to customize your website and make it unique.
Magento: It is an eCommerce website builder with lots of extensive features. Magento gives much more customization options than Shopify. However, this level of flexibility is ideal for advanced users, not beginners.
If you already have a domain name and want to connect it to your new website, you will have first to visit your domain hosting platform. Sign in to your account, then go to the manage domains section. The option for connecting your domain to a specific website is usually under this section. The procedure for doing this varies based on the domain hosting service provider you are using.
Yes, even if you already have a Facebook page, you still need a website for your business. Not all your potential customers are on Facebook and you should not exclusively rely on a social platform. You own your website, but Facebook can shut down your account anytime. Besides, your Facebook page does not give you the flexibility for adding content as you would have on your website. Having a website is also a sign of professionalism, which is crucial if you want to attract new customers that do not know about your brand.
In digital marketing, the importance of a website ranges from creating brand awareness to acquiring customers. A website is the converging point of any digital marketing strategy and it is one of the most valuable assets for a business.
Having a website is essential, but keep the website safe is more important, and a must job. Your website contains lots of information. A random hacker can steal your data from the website. Let us give you some precious tips to keep your website safe.
1. Keep your website up-to-date. Backdated software, security, and scripts allow intruders and malware to take advantage of your website.
2. Always install an SSL certificate. It costs extra money but adds value, of course.
3. Keep away the users from uploading files to your site. Allowing people to upload files to your website automatically creates a security vulnerability.
4. Having the security software or plugins will add extra protection. It is also recommended to use a WordPress security plugin like iThemes security or Wordfence.
5. Choose a secure and unique password. Besides that, keep your admin folder safe. This folder contains all the credentials.
Always be aware of phishing emails and other scams. Try to approve all the comments manually on your website.
WordPress multisite is a type of WordPress installation that enables you to manage a network of sites within the same WordPress dashboard. For instance, if you own five websites, you can choose to manage them using a single dashboard without doing 5 WordPress installations for each of them. Each of the different websites will have its folder of images and all other uploaded files to separate it from the rest.