Top A2 Hosting Alternatives And Competitors
A2 Hosting is among the best hosting providers, and I highly recommend the company. But it won’t be the best choice to host your website if you have specific requirements that they do not offer. This is why I have compiled a list of the best A2 hosting alternatives and competitors.
You may need to use another web host than A2 Hosting for various reasons. For example, if the company does not provide colocation hosting. A web host can not offer every hosting possible. Each one of them focuses on delivering the best services.
First, our list of the best A2 Hosting competitors and alternatives includes web hosts offering services that A2 Hosting does not provide.
Best A2 hosting alternatives for windows hosting
As of 2022, A2 Hosting no longer has a plan for Windows hosting. If your website requires ASP.NET, MS-SQL, and .NET databases, you need one of these reliable alternatives:
All these hosting providers have excellent plans regarding Windows hosting.
Best A2 hosting alternatives for cloud hosting
A2 Hosting has a fast and secure VPS backed by dedicated server resources but does not offer cloud hosting. Here are 5 alternatives to A2 Hosting providing cloud hosting services:
These five A2 competitors are great choices if you want cloud hosting.
Best A2 hosting alternatives for colocation hosting
A2 Hosting does not provide colocation hosting. Here are 5 A2 Hosting competitors providing colocation hosting services:
These five A2 competitors are great choices if you want cloud hosting.
Best A2 hosting alternatives offering free trials or domains
A2 Hosting does not have a free trial, but it has a 30-day money-back guarantee (You can choose your plan, and you have a month to decide if it’s a good fit for you). Here are 5 A2 alternatives offering a free trial or domain name:
- 000webhost (free plan available here)
- Cloudways (3-day trial with no credit card)
- Bluehost (a free domain name and free trial)
- Google Cloud web hosting (90-day free trial)
- Exclusive Hosting (30-day free trial)
- Nexcess (free 14-day trial for WooCommerce hosting)
If you are on a thight budget or are unsure of your hosting needs, you can start with a free plan or trial. You can upgrade later when your business start to grow.
Top 8 A2 hosting alternatives overall
Hostinger tops the list of A2 alternatives for several reasons, including economical pricing, robust customer services, costless domain addresses, and much more. It offers reasonable prices, specifically when you opt for annual billing with additional discounted figures. The customer support services are extensive, including a typical knowledge base, email, ticketing, and live chat.
You will see not a single provider without a few lacking areas, and similar is the case with Hostinger. Although it is listed as one ideal alternative to A2 hosting, its 24/7 live chat is not perfect. They take forever to reply but once noticed, the team is expert enough to guide you toward the exact solution to your query.
Hostinger offers multiple pricing plans, each providing great worth your money. You get special discounts by opting for their 4 years, i.e., long-term plan. This type of payment strategy costs a minimum amount per month.
- A well-trained team of experts at the customer help desk
- Free domain for the first year of purchase, which A2 hosting lacks. The further renewal cost is also relatively economical.
- Affordable pricing
- Extensive hosting services, which include some extras like Cloud hosting, Minecraft server hosting, and e-commerce hosting
Starts at $1.99 per month
Regarding Kinsta as one reliable A2 hosting alternative may sound irrelevant. Firstly it costs an arm and a leg, and domain names are also paid here. They do not even offer a free email service. Its placement here has a different reason together.
If you run a widespread enterprise online, you may require a service provider that understands its needs, including aspects like;
- Handling sudden traffic surges
- 24/7 malware scanning to prevent cyber-attacks
- Robust customer support
- A swiftly loading website with reliable uptime
The above points are the basic needs of every online setup, but a grown business demands a provider who can scale the resources per its needs. Kinsta is one such all-in-one solution with attributes specifically designed for large businesses.
Kinsta has extensive support for WordPress websites while offering cloud-based servers. It allows convenient user-level access – a key vital feature for multi-user setups’ data safety.
Another appreciable element of Kinsta is its intuitive control panel, which encompasses multiple functions in a single spot. It allows you to access the following aspects;
- Settings management
- Billing details
- Robust analytical data trends
- Visitors and their geographical location
- A panel to address errors and downtime
Google Cloud integration ensures strong performance.
Impressive live chat support, which is active 24/7
Managed WordPress plans handled by a team of trained experts
Automatic backups for Amazon S3 and Google Cloud Storage
It starts at $30
The first dominant InterServer feature over A2 hosting includes its ability to operate with Windows and Linux. At the same time, it offers a single-click download capacity of more than 400 scripts facilitating several tasks smoothly. It is cost-effective and offers unlimited features at the right price.
These assets include;
- Exceptional SSD storage capacity
- Strong email service
- File transfer protocol accounts
- Managed to host websites
The security standards of InterServer are also satisfactory since they offer credible SSL certificates free of cost. The best part is that InterServer provides all its essential features even if you purchase its cheapest plan.
InterServer is easily scalable, so next time your business experiences considerable growth, you will not have to find another suitable plan.
- Economical renewal rates
- Premium features like Linux control panel. Inter proxy caching plugin and more
- Weekly backups
- Integration of a powerful content delivery network
- Highest speed performance in North America
Starts at $2.50 per month
GreenGeeks like A2 hosting, is one of the few providers who care about the earth by minimizing the carbon output of their servers. In terms of comparison, GreenGeeks costs a lot more than A2 plans, but additional features level the difference. It offers a free domain for the first term, backups at night, and infinite bandwidth.
Even the cheapest GreenGeeks plan is optimized for speed, providing the following attributes that promote establishing a swiftly operated online business.
- Servers that function at the speed of light
- Powerful content delivery network
- Pre-offered caching tools
- HTTPS protection
- Compatibility with PHP
If you want more speed like a specifically boosted server, their turbo plans (max and boost) can serve the purpose. Our likable GreenGeeks aspect is their prompt customer support services.
They respond positively through the following means;
- Live chat 24/7
- Email 24/7
- Phone 9.00 AM to 12.00 AM EST
The best part is that their expert agents guide you throughout without upselling. Unlike many providers, they don’t get rid of it by directing you toward their knowledge base.
- Free domain for first-term
- Highly responsive customer support team
- Unlimited hosting resources at relatively lower actual and renewal prices
- User-friendly website builder of Weebly with tons of pro templates
Starts at $2.95 per month
LiquidWeb is an ideal hosting service provider for medium and large businesses that keep growing. Constant growth requires scalable resources, the specialty of plans offered at LiquidWeb. We regard it as one of the few robust A2 alternatives for managed WordPress services for multiple reasons.
The features that help us validate the claim include the following;
- AI-powered server and website tracking for potential threats
- Integration of a strong content delivery network
- Agreement with the latest and former PHP versions
You can also use these features for WooCommerce, Drupal, and Magento.
LiquidWeb prices may concern you as it is a bit expensive. However, when you look at the number of resources you get, all the money becomes worth it. You can access the resources of the following values for the managed virtual private server;
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 CPU cores
- 40 GB data storage (SSD)
- 10 TB bit per second
If your business has widely spread and requires more of these resources to function properly, you can conveniently boost the features in a similar plan. There is no need to go through the entire process of subscribing to another suitable scheme.
One LiquidWeb offers the perfect 100% uptime guarantee in service level agreements with its clients. We went on to test the claims and, after six months of monitoring, agreed that LiquidWeb had not a single downtime phase.
- Extraordinary storage capacity for backups, i.e., 100GB
- Offers seven managed WordPress hosting subscriptions. The premium plan can bear storage of up to 800 GB which is manifold of what A2’s turbo plan provides
- The phone and live chat feature take around 59 seconds to respond to. Their helpdesk is also prompt. You can also access their knowledge base for frequent queries
- We do not prefer LiquidWeb for beginners and fresh web designers since the InterWorx control panel is designed for experts. It is an ideal panel with exceptional features that work wonders for developers who are already aware of web building and designing
Starts at $25 per month
If you are looking for a host that offers infinite resources and does not cost an arm and a leg, HostWinds is for you. It has various plans that provide all vital attributes in the most reasonable amount, while there is no compromise on quality.
A few essential features to list are;
- SSD storage
- Security certificates
- Dedicated IP address
While the above features are special to dedicated plans, shared hosting subscriptions can provide you with;
- Unlimited disk storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited emails
- File transfer protocol account as much as you require
- Subdomains in an infinite range
HostWinds handles website services under virtual private servers, shared and dedicated servers, and cloud-based servers. You will be amazed by the variety of plans with multiple data storage and usage combinations at HostWinds.
Another unique aspect of HostWind is that you can hire their services per hour. It means that you do not get caved in the terms-based plan. The flexibility in this feature marks HostWinds as the most cost-effective provider.
You also get free access to the Weebly web builder with the majority HostWind plans. The tool makes the web designing process elementary for beginners with its drag-and-drop editor.
- Customizable cloud hosting resources to either upgrade or downgrade
- Free domain for first-term plan
- The cheapest HostWinds plans offer unlimited resources similar to A2’s Drive plan
- 24/7 website monitoring
- Speedy servers and a CDN of Cloudflare
Starts at $6.74 per month
The founders still handle the InMotion services, which most hosts outsource. The most likable part is their acknowledged team of experts that remain available at your end through various means. You can approach them through phone, live chat, and ticketing setup. Remember that customer support is entirely US-based, so American residents get extra benefits.
You can move toward a more reliable knowledge base and community forum if you do not get satisfactory answers from interacting with their customer support agents. You can find multiple articles related to your query or even post new questions.
InMotion remains superior to A2 in offering economical plan renewal costs. They also give you a 90-day window to test their services. If you are not sure, they will refund the money upon request. A few InMotion shared hosting attributes are;
- Free domain for the first year
- Secure socket shell server
- Infinite bandwidth
- Single-click WordPress and other tools installer
However, you must pay a few extra bucks to activate automatic backups.
- Access to advanced web builder of BoldGrid with all InMotion plans
- Low-cost subscription renewal
- Free advertising commendations
- Pro emails and analytical reports on website traffic generation
- Server optimization for swift site loading
- CMS applications with extra support for PHP
Starts at $3.99 per month
Staying true to its name FastComet is constantly increasing its stand in multiple cities worldwide. Today, it has around 11 data centers in different corners of the globe to provide swift web services irrespective of geographical location. Unlike A2, which is restricted to the US, FastComet promises to deliver the best around Asia, Oceania, and India.
It also guarantees an uptime of 99.99%. We tested the claim and found it met the expectations majorly. The AI tools check your server every minute and instantly report any downtime to data centers so they can take relieving actions on the spot.
The SmartControl cPanel of FastComet makes it beginner-friendly, where you can conveniently perform all actions on a single page. You can visualize the domains, arrange important files and folders, and establish email addresses for marketing campaigns.
This mobile-friendly control panel also lets you contact the experts in a single click while keeping an eye on term plans and required renewals. Overall, FastComet delivers superior speed with an intuitive interface.
- GZIP compressed files and images ensure speed optimization
- 6 months of free host if you subscribe to their 3-year plan
- Strong data safety attributes like DDoS protection, spam removal, regular backups, etc
- 24/7 customer services to address your queries in a minimal span
Starts at $2.95 per month
A2 hosting services now have tons of competitors in the market for offering enhanced resources at low costs. We have listed a few of them and why you should prioritize them over A2 web services.
After reading all comparing factors, it may be easier for you to make a perfect choice to migrate your website to a provider that asks for economical renewal rates, unlike A2.