Top 5 AWS Alternatives And Competitors
This article can help you find the best alternative to AWS. Know the pros and cons of the top AWS competitors to decide which one to choose for your website or project.
Undoubtedly, it stands among the best cloud computing platforms, but beginners might find the AWS platform very advanced.
Although Microsoft Azure is probably the top alternative to AWS, there are many other competitors to consider for cloud computing. Each company has its pros and cons, but one of them might be the best suited for your needs.
Why do you need an alternative to AWS?
AWS is one of the most reliable cloud computing and hosting services, but there are many issues you may have faced or will face in the future with AWS. Here are the few things that you need to consider before choosing AWS or any alternative:
- Country Restriction: AWS service can be availed anytime, but it is anywhere. As you know, many countries still do not have Amazon support. Amazon is based in the United States of America. The features and services they provide might not be available for many countries or many regions of different countries.
- Complicated for Beginners: Indeed, Aws provides a wide range of IT and cloud services. The list of services they need may be hard to understand for beginners. This wide selection of services might be very efficient, but not for beginners who still understand the infrastructure. Thus, you can understand the overwhelming feeling of such beginners.
- User interface complexity: The dashboard of the cloud computing platform might also be complicated to under on AWS. You might find yourself searching for instructions on the internet or the AWS help support to run the command over their dashboard.
- Pricing and cost system: No doubt AWS provides a large range of services, but mostly the user pays a higher price than calculated because of the extra service that comes with the package. Most of the time, the user might not need the service but ends up paying for it. Similarly, many businesses, developers, and enterprise support packages are available over AWS and charge monthly.
- Delay in Customer support: Honestly, we don’t blame AWS for having slow customer support. AWS is a famous service providing so many international and renowned businesses. The delay in customer support is way too common. But many users may keep stranded without a timely resolution. It is better to do some homework before choosing AWS.
Top 5 AWS Competitors and Alternatives
Here is a list of Alternation to AWS available for international use and may fit perfectly what you are looking for.
Microsoft Azure was introduced to the world of cloud computing in 2010. We all know that Microsoft has been providing many user-friendly products for computers already. Entering into the world of website clouding and databases was also supported by many loyal users.
One of the main reasons that Microsoft Azure was so popularized is its easy-to-understand GUI and reliable cloud computing database control, and strong security. Thus, it was easy to adopt for many users. Moreover, they are providing 12 months of free trial along with a large number of services.
The following are the features that Microsoft Azure offers:
- Easy database to cloud conversion.
- Many services are available for C# programmers and the .Net developers
- Easy Database management and accessibility
- Perfect for administration since it provides both networking and cloud databases.
- It can be upgraded with many developing platforms like Visual Studio and many more.
- Reliable and quick customer service.
- Worldwide network and service availability.
Kamatera was introduced as an IT service provider company in 1995. They have earned a respectable position among the most reliable IT services providing companies. This long era of experience gave them an edge in creating a well-tailored platform for Cloud computing.
They offer comprehensive services in the cloud, competing with their state-of-the-art SSD database cloud service. Moreover, they are ready to provide a 30-days free trial for the new user to get familiar them their services and work.
Here are the features that help you understand their workability as well:
- 13 global data centers with highly efficient hardware that guarantees no delays in cloud and data processing.
- Scalable cloud computing services that include cloud servers, and backup storage. Cloud load balancer and firewall for maximum protection.
- Customized VPS hosting
- Billing option based on both hourly service and monthly service.
- It can be upgraded with many other website application services like WordPress and many more.
- 24/7 customer service support.
Google is one of the most reliable and widely used platforms all over the internet. From their browser to web services, Google has given the best of every IT service, including cloud computing. The Google Cloud Platform or GCP was introduced in 2008 and took over cloud computing services by storm.
Many users claim that GCP is more efficient and provides more reliable services than AWS, especially when it comes to the Google search engine, Gmail, and many more. But we think it depends on the services you seek.
Just to understand what exactly they are offering, here is a list of features that helps full cloud computing support:
- Offers full suit for cloud services
- Integrated with artificial and machine learning systems for better data analysis and database.
- Ideal for complex computing that requires extraordinary Storage architecture.
- Highly scalable and compatible with many open-source developing platforms like DataStax and many more.
- Easily accessible with multiple Google services, including google firebase and maps APIs.
- Free trial and free credit of $300 to use in 90 days for new users.
- Available for many countries.
Linode was founded are an independent and open-source Cloud provider in 2003. Since cloud computing was a new concept, the company Linode developed over time and became one of the best cloud computing companies and services.
- Linode has the best 11 data centers, and the service is available in 192 countries.
- Affordable clouding bundles and plan to choose from.
- High-memory dedicated instances with Company’s CPU core are available for smooth workability.
- Offers on-demand machine learning GPU for the users
- An ideal choice for application developers, including AI, machine learning, hosted services, and real-time gaming.
- Free trial and free credit of $100 to use in 60 days for new users.
- No surprise, hidden costs.
- 24/7 customer support service, especially with a human advisor always on the line to help you.
5. IBM Cloud
IBM was one of the first companies to introduce the world to computers, networking, and many other technologies. Indeed, IBM had to step in into the world of Cloud computing, and with years of experience, they became one of the top competitors of AWS.
One of the best things about IBM cloud is that it provides each user with their own server instead of creating a virtual server from a server that almost 10 or more users share at a time. Thus, the computation is fast, efficient and decreases the chances of data loss.
Here are the more important, and best features that you should consider if you want to shift an enterprise over:
- IBM Cloud has state-of-the-art Bare Metal servers for fast cloud computing and networks.
- Extra secure data servers’ infrastructure without any dependency.
- IBM offers three types of services depending on users’ needs, i.e., IaaS (infrastructure as a service), SaaS (software as a service), and PaaS (platform as a service) within cloud computing.
- IBM is compatible with many database platforms like SQL, Kubernetes, etc.
- Free trial available with over 40 free services to get a user started.
All the AWS alternatives mentioned in our list are very reliable and used by many big companies around the globe. Some of the alternatives are free and others have a different pricing system. Start by defining your needs to know if AWS or one of its competitors is well-suited for your business.