Media Temple Review: Is It Worth It?
Hosting services offered by Media Temple are of high quality and meet many needs of small businesses, including shared hosting, dedicated hosting, WordPress hosting, and virtual private servers. Furthermore, Media Temple offers excellent guides, help pages, and customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In contrast to similar web hosts, it is a bit more expensive.
Demian Sellfors and John Carey founded Media Temple in Los Angeles in 1998. Since 2014, they have offered WordPress-managed hosting services. With over 125,000 customers and 1.5 million websites, they power in 100 countries.
The Grid is an advanced clustered architecture developed by Media Temple, which is designed to improve shared hosting performance and uptime. In addition to a quick setup, the Grid facilitates easy scalability, which is extremely important when your site expands.
|Types of hosting available||VPS and Shared Hosting|
|Price Range||Starting Price Range: $20/mo.|
|Free SSL Certificate||Yes|
|Free Professional Email||Yes|
|Storage||20 GB SSD|
|Speed and Uptime||99.9% uptime|
|Best for||All types of Shared hosting|
|Extra Features||24/7 customer support, a high-performance website, and guaranteed 99.99% uptime|
Ease of Use
Web hosting service providers use a variety of technologies that many users are unaware of. In order to manage their websites, users need easy-to-use tools. It is a great option in that regard to use Media Temple.
A fully optimized control panel comes with all Media Temple hosting plans. Easy-to-use controls are provided in the control panel. The Media Temple account center makes managing your account easy, even for beginners.
Media Temple makes the process of creating a website very painless for its users, from signing up to setting it up. Both new users and those migrating from another service provider will find the experience to be enjoyable. A WordPress site can be launched within minutes with Media Temple’s 1-click installers.
Speed and Performance
The official Media Temple website performed considerably better than average, according to GTmetrix, requiring only 2.5 seconds to fully load (compared to an average of 8.1 seconds). Several other important web vitals also achieved B grades (largest contentful paint, total blocking time, cumulative layout shift).
There is a 99.99% uptime guarantee from Media Temple. It also offers a DV (20/20) uptime guarantee for its DV (that is, VPS, managed, and dedicated server hosting products), which guarantees that for every 20 minutes your site is down, you will be refunded 20% of your hosting fee.
Based on the results of an uptime test conducted over two weeks on Media Temple’s official website, we believe it provides reliable service.
In addition to its 99.9% uptime guarantee, Media Temple’s Premium WordPress Hosting service also includes 24/7 technical support. 5% of your monthly hosting fee will be credited if they don’t live up to their guarantee.
DV-Developer, Managed Hosting, and Dedicated Server plans from Media Temple all come with a 99.999% service uptime guarantee. Your monthly fee will be credited for 20% of your downtime if you have more than 20 minutes of downtime in a month.
Although it’s good to have a fast and elegant website, don’t forget about the numerous cyber threats that could compromise the security of your site. Security is also a strong point for Media Temple. What made us know that? Your data and files are secured by many features that prevent anyone from gaining access to them.
A provider’s specialist can assist you with migrating your website and content. Media Temple will get in touch with you within one business day after receiving your request through the website’s special form. According to media temple hosting reviews, moving your site takes a short amount of time, depending on its size and complexity.
Automated daily backups and updates
Every managed hosting plan from Media Temple comes with automated daily backups for the past 30 days. Plesk or cPanel are also good options for managing backups easily. It is essential to have a backup of your data in case it is lost or stolen.
During these attacks, your connection can be overloaded with a flood of data, causing your connection to slow down or even go offline.
Your website can be monitored constantly to detect problems before they negatively impact its performance or functionality. A website’s uptime and performance must also be tested to maintain security.
Support and Customer Service
A high level of customer service is one of Media Temple’s top priorities. Whether you want to chat with a live person, tweet, call, or submit a support ticket, we’re here to help you 24/7. Their support team is based in the United States. Certified WordPress experts are available to support managed WordPress hosting customers. Many customers have praised the customer service provided by Media Temple.
The company also offers a subscription add-on called CloudTech Priority Care. They offer server optimization, web app installation, website security, and more. Hundreds of tutorials and articles are also available on Media Temple’s Community site.
Hosting with Media Temple means you choose to release yourself from all the burdens of managing your own website. It offers managed plans for (blogs, portfolios, and small and medium businesses). Details are below:
- Shared hosting: Plans are available on three different levels (Deluxe, Ultimate, and Maximum). Save significantly on your subscription when you choose a yearly, two-year, or three-year plan. Monthly fees start at $20.
- Managed WordPress hosting: There are four plans to choose from, including Ultimate, Pro 5, Pro 10, and Pro 25. Monthly fees begin at $20.
- Managed VPS hosting: You should choose VPS hosting for its advanced security and superior performance. The price starts at $55/ per month. Pick up any of your favorite plans from the list.
- Managed Dedicated hosting: Dedicated servers are the best option for businesses. A high-performance platform and a dedicated customer support team will help you resolve any issues you may have. You can buy this plan which comes with a starting price of 2500$ per month.
Media Temple Plans & Prices
Besides shared, VPS (managed and self-managed), and dedicated servers, Media Temple offers cloud and WordPress hosting. Their current price list and plans are below. Check out Media Temple’s website for the latest prices:
Pros and Cons Of Using Media Temple
- Hosting provides a free front-end site review that is 100% unique. You will be notified of any website problems, such as outdated plugins and faulty coding. Loading times are lightning fast.
- With GPUs, you can prevent crashes and shutdowns when your site is overloaded.
- Sales tactics should not be underhanded. There are no grey areas when it comes to different elements’ fees.
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the support staff is available for you.
- With one account, you can host up to 100 websites.
- You must pay if you want to migrate your site from another provider. In comparison, most other providers use cPanel, and transferring from cPanel to cPanel is much more straightforward than doing it that way.
- There isn’t much in the way of free extras. There is a fee for each element you wish to use.
- The cost of premium hosting is higher.
Top 3 Alternatives of Media Temple Hosting
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: How Does a Media Temple Keep Your Site Secure?
Answer: Media Temple works hand-in-hand with Sucuri to protect your sites with an intuitive, comprehensive security tool and team. Their security services include:
- Unlimited malware removal: Rest assured that Sucuri will be there for you when trouble strikes. Your website will be repaired no matter what it takes.
- Continuous scans: It helps your site to be safe from any kind of malware, scripting, SQL Injection, and many other issues.
- Instant alerts: You will be notified as soon as a problem is detected. Slack, SMS, email, and SMS are all options for setting up alerts.
- Extensive dashboard: Visit your security dashboard to check your security settings or tweak dozens of them manually
Question 2: How do I transfer a domain from the media temple?
Answer: Your new/winning registrar will need an authorization code to transfer the domain registration away from Media Temple. Don’t forget to check if your domain hasn’t expired.
Question 3: Does MediaTemple Handle Site Backups?
Answer: With Media Temple’s Snapshot Backup, you can back up everything on your server, including the core configuration files and emails. For protection against hacking and corruption, Media Temple keeps a backup off-server in its secure Data Center and makes a new backup every week or month.
Server configuration changes, Plesk database changes, domain changes, emails – every file on the server is customized. Should you have no other backups of critical data, it lets you roll back to an earlier server state. It lets you choose which files are restored from Snapshot Backup. If you are confident in your backup, you can roll it back.
This feature has the downside of having to be clicked manually to make a backup, and there is no option for scheduling automated backups. Sadly, we cannot send you these backups because they are large (ranging from 4GB to 60GB). Plesk is the only way to recover them; they cannot be downloaded directly. Additional costs are involved. Additional slots can hold up to five backups. There is a monthly fee of $20 for each slot.
Media Temple Review: Do We Recommend It?
That’s right! Yes, once again. In our media temple hosting review, we analyzed the main performance indicators, speed, and availability of sites and recommended using this hosting. If needed, upgrade to a more expensive plan by starting with a simple hosting plan.
As a disadvantage, only registered users have access to online chat support. You do get more options for your business website, but the prices are higher.
Traffic increases when performance improves. Everyone owns a website, isn’t it?