With many people getting involved in online businesses, the demand for domain registrars is gradually increasing. Many companies promise to offer an unmatched domain to new e-commerce companies. However, only a few are credible.
One is going to have the upper hand on another! This Namecheap vs GoDaddy Comparison will let you decide which site can host your domain better economically and quality-wise.
What is Namecheap?
Namecheap started as a small venture back in 2000. With time and incredible upgrades, it managed to get identified as one of the best domain providers in the digital world.
It involves introducing features like website hosting, security, the inclusion of WordPress, and much more.
Namecheap is one domain registrar website that is trusted all over the world for its credibility and ease of use.
One of the best features offered by Namecheap has to be its uptime monitoring tool. One can check the status of their website every 5 minutes using a simple procedure. They also provide 50 free SSL certificates valid for one year. This is an interesting offer to consider.
Some other essential features worth mentioning has to be:
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Weekly two backups
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Stats about your site’s traffic generation
All these important features make it a choice for users for domain construction.
What is GoDaddy?
GoDaddy is the world’s largest domain registrar. They offer multiple services of top quality, and some of those include:
- Web Hosting:This activity refers to the provision of space and access for new websites.
- SSL Certification: This certification is a necessity to authenticate a website’s credibility in the digital world.
- E-commerce Solutions:This option offers solutions to many e-commerce obstacles when setting up an online site. This can involve money transfer, generating traffic, turning visitors into leads, etc.
- Website Builder:This activity is essential. It offers the ability to build an online website without the hassle of manual coding.
- Email Marketing:This is a promotional activity. You send a commercial email to a group of users about the product your website offers. You will generate traffic this way.
GoDaddy is regarded as the best website to refer to when conducting domain research for a new venture. This is a one-stop-shop for beginners looking to excel in the online market.
Using GoDaddy is the easiest task. One doesn’t have to be technically advanced to create a domain for a website. Designing a website has become the simplest task ever because of GoDaddy’s easy-to-use features.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy – Main differences and similarities:
Website building was never easy until the introduction of these domain building sites. These sites made complex e-commerce ventures the easiest with their incredible features.
In this article, we will discuss some of the similarities and differences between two famous domain registrars. GoDaddy and Namecheap!
Namecheap vs GoDaddy – Speed:
A website, to generate traffic, should take less time to load hence speed is crucial. Speed is something that can potentially decide whether your website should be ranked or de-ranked by SEO. Let’s compare the speed of two domain registrars.
A survey was conducted to test the speed of both domain providers. Websites tested from the same servers, and the result concluded GoDaddy to be slightly better at speed than Namecheap.
GoDaddy scored 86 points, and on the other hand, Namecheap managed to get an overall good score of 62. This difference is not enough to mark one domain registrar superior to another. So, you can safely choose any one of them for your website building.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy – Traffic size:
GoDaddy’s traffic size can organize in the following way for better understanding.
- Shared Hosting:
This plan will let you have 3000 visitors with a well-coded site.
- VPS Hosting:
This plan can counter visitors depending on the RAM capacity of your plan.
- Dedicated Hosting:
This hosting category can easily cater to 40,000 to 60,000 visitors.
Also, the number of visitors will depend on the time your site takes to load. A site with just text will cater to more visitors without handing it over than one with videos and images.
Namecheap offers unmetered bandwidth on shared hosting. Higher bandwidth means higher traffic limits for a site. Since each hour has a different number of visitors, this flexible unmetered bandwidth comes in handy.
In short, there is no limit on how many visitors can be there on your page per hour. But remember, many other factors affect this feature, like installing a bulky theme or adding more pages.
The technical team of Namecheap will properly guide you when you require an upgrade to your bandwidth, depending on your website requirements.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy – Types of hosting services:
GoDaddy has a huge variety of hosting services to offer its users. Their incredibly fast servers make things easier for any plan you choose. Their hosting services include:
- Website Hosting Plan:
This is the most basic plan with three different categories. If you aim at designing simple websites, then this plan is best for you. The three categories are:
- Linux web hosting
- ASP.NET web hosting
- Business hosting
- WordPress Hosting Plan:
Those who have the requirement to use WordPress as a source will benefit most from this plan. This easy-to-use plan is a go-to choice for many users. It also lists three different options under it. They are:
- Basic website hosting by WordPress
- WordPress e-commerce hosting
- Site management tools
The WordPress e-commerce hosting tool enables users to set up online sites with 75 free site extensions conveniently.
- Business Hosting Plan:
This economic plan provides useful services. It assists in developing websites with guaranteed high traffic and fast server speeds.
- VPS hosting:
This is the best plan to choose for multitaskers. If you have multiple sites to manage at once, this plan is going to help you.
- Dedicated Server Hosting:
This plan offers a customizable outlook with incredibly fast speed.
Namecheap, on the other hand, also has many hosting plans to offer at economical rates. You can choose according to your requirements. Hosting plans offered by Namecheap are:
- Shared Hosting:
The most economical hosting plan.
- Reseller Hosting:
Here you rent out the hosting services to others and earn profit.
- WordPress Hosting:
Hosting plan linked with WordPress.
- Email Hosting:
Works independently of website hosting.
- VPS Hosting:
A virtual private server hosting.
- Dedicated Hosting:
These servers work completely isolated from one another.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy – cPanel:
A cPanel is an important feature in website development. It performs multiple tasks at once. The list of tasks performed by cPanel is below:
- Publish websites
- Manage domains
- Create emails
- Organize files and much more
Both GoDaddy and Namecheap offer the feature of cPanel on their site.
GoDaddy’s every hosting plan has a full-proof control panel integrated that works 24/7. One can conveniently install 150+ applications, set backups, and ensure site security with GoDaddy’s industry-standard cPanel.
Namecheap is no less in covering this important feature. Its hosting servers have cPanel installed that performs several functions at a remarkable speed.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy – Domain privacy:
The Internet can be a scary place sometimes. It is vital to protect the data on your website at all costs.
Here comes the feature of domain privacy in action to protect private information. Both websites have a well-established domain privacy system that offers the security you need.
GoDaddy has one of the best data protection programs out there. It not just secures your basic info but also provides a full-proof protection plan for your domain.
Along with protecting hijackers from evading your site, it also avoids unintended actions that could potentially harm your privacy. These actions can either be accidental transfers or expirations.
It will also provide you security from access by harmful authorities and prevents your domain from being blacklisted at any cost.
GoDaddy will perform the following actions to minimize threats to your data:
- Replace your data in disguise with anonymous info to be included in the domain diary.
- It prevents spamming by providing a private email address for domain-related inquiries.
- Avoids accidental credit card expiration when renewing.
- Stops domain hijackings and malware-based transactions.
- Enables 2-factor authorization for deleting or transferring your domain.
Now, Namecheap has also shown remarkable progress in the feature of domain privacy. They work based on the following principles to protect your data at all costs.
- Hide your details in the WHOIS database.
- Domain privacy feature is provided free of cost with every hosting plan.
- Prevention of email inbox spamming.
- A 2-factor verification.
In short, both the domain offering sites have an equally strong domain privacy setup.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy – WordPress installation:
The cPanel of GoDaddy has 150+ apps ready to be installed with a single click. You can easily locate WordPress here to install it with one click. Now there is no need to go through complicated processes to link WordPress with your domain.
The WordPress installation on Namecheap also works on similar lines. You can log in to their control panel and go to the Softaculous app installer menu to access one-click WordPress installation.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy – Plans and pricing:
GoDaddy has many economic plans at their end according to your needs. Their plans involve basic, deluxe, ultimate, and e-commerce packages.
Domain name registrars do not have the clearest pricing structure.
Different TLDs usually have wildly varying prices. Registration, renewal, or transfer of a domain will affect the price.
Let’s take a look at some direct comparisons between Namecheap and GoDaddy instead of me trying to explain all these things.
As you can see, prices are drastically different. The wrong registrar can cause you to overpay for your domain. For instance:
- With Namecheap, the club is more than $9 cheaper.
- With GoDaddy, .mobi is almost $6 cheaper.
- Namecheap offers a $23 discount on .design and a $27 discount on .win
Tests indicate that GoDaddy charges for registration, but Namecheap charges for renewals. Transfers from GoDaddy are frequently on sale.
Depending on how long the registration period is, the price may also vary. The price per year is usually cheaper if the registration period is longer.
It is generally a good idea to register domain names only for one year. It is possible to pivot the project to avoid investing in a domain name that won’t need in five years if necessary.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy – Professional Email :
A professional email address is essential when running an online business. This email is created based on your site’s domain, and hence every web hosting site provides this feature to their customers. Let’s compare the professional email providing quality of both GoDaddy and Namecheap.
GoDaddy offers not only a secure and credible professional email but also some extra benefits attached to it.
- You can now sneak on your email content without actually having to open the app. This can potentially save your time as you know which email is important to open.
- Syncing events, invitations, reminders, etc. with Google Calendar.
- Secured from spammers.
Namecheap offers private or professional email with numerous advantages to the listing. Few are:
- Easy to use.
- Secured from spam and scams.
- Creative address matching the brand name.
- Unified inbox
- It is easy to network among multiple email addresses.
Both the hosting sites are best at providing this feature of professional email, to conclude.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy – Website builder:
Let’s compare the website builder procedure of both hosting domains.
GoDaddy offers an all-in-one website builder from SEO to marketing tools all in one place. The simple steps to build a GoDaddy website are:
- Pick a template relating to the niche of your site.
- Add related content and info to start.
- Utilizemarketing features to attract a targeted audience.
- Manage every action from a single device.
Namecheap also offers a cheap, easy, and secure way of building websites. The steps to build a Namecheap website include:
- Select your favourite design aligned with your niche.
- Add or remove blocks conveniently to prepare an overall creative outlook of your site.
- Add custom content and publish your website.
Namecheap vs. GoDaddy – eCommerce & WooCommerce:
In GoDaddy, when you choose a plan with WordPress linked, you will store it ready to use. The eCommerce hosting ensures the following important features:
- Unlimited visitors and storage.
- Numerous free WooCommerce extensions.
- SEO setup.
- Malware scans and removal, if any, are detected.
- Unlimited product listings.
- Daily backups.
- Automatic WordPress updates and much more.
Namecheap offers WooCommerce features in the name of easy hosting. It provides features like:
- One WordPress website.
- A growing number of visitors.
- Easy installation.
- Dashboard to manage WordPress websites.
- Easy backup and restore.
Both domains hosting sites have excellent e-commerce and WooCommerce features satisfying the user’s business plans.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy – Support and customer services:
You would consider this the last feature when choosing a site to establish a domain, but it is undoubtedly equally important. Better customer support will always come in handy in instances when you face technicalities in managing your domain.
GoDaddy cares for its users in numerous ways by providing huge customer care options. They are:
- 24/7 telephonic availability of technical experts.
- Live chat online.
- GoDaddy provides an option of communication in your local language. Few other domain registrars offer this option.
- Payment options in regional currency.
On the same page, Namecheap also prioritizes customer care by providing many ways to contact their team. Those are:
- Live chat.
- Submit a ticket to get fast replies from a technical team.
- A huge FAQ section to search for your concern and have handy solutions.
No doubt, the 24/7 calling features of GoDaddy give it a minor preference over Namecheap.
To conclude GoDaddy vs Namecheap, I would suggest using Namecheap for domain building. The basis of my decision is its economic plan with almost similar advantages that GoDaddy offers.
Though GoDaddy takes the cake in offering a better user-friendly interface, the lesser prices of Namecheap outshine everything.